Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 8....

Paint is on the walls!
Still can’t decide if we like the accent wall in the living room.  We wanted to do some color but decided to keep it in the family.  I dont know...whats your opinion?  We’re happy with the way the rest of the walls in the living room and kitchen came out.  And I’m loving my ceiling – I know, it’s sad but I hate that popcorn ceiling.
Started to work on prepping the floor and decided to change my plans.  I was gonna drop a new layer of underlayment over the current floor.  But once I got into all of it I decided to rip up the old tile and underlayment layer.  The removal was a bit more time consuming but went well.  Although I realized not to long after that my 40 cubic foot dumpster was picked up today.  So now I have to dispose of the underlayment somehow.  If you happen to find it in your front yard I have no idea how it got there.
Tomorrow is day of this little adventure.  The last day of my vacation.  I hope to have the new underlayment and finish up the flooring tomorrow….if all goes well.  So with the change of plans and setbacks I think Im about two days behind my original schedule.  Im not sure how realistic that schedule is but hopefully after tomorrow night ( a very late night, Im sure ) all we’ll have left will be the cabinet install, trim (woohoo) and the ceiling fan.
I’m seeing daylight!







No comments:

Post a Comment