Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Two

Day two started off a bit slower than Day one did. Mostly because I could barely move from the day before.  Overall, day two was a better day for me just because I didn’t have to mess with any popcorn ceiling.
We started the day off by making sure the kitchen walls were ready for drywall.  I built out the wall to the length in the kitchen we need for the fridge and tall pantry cabinet we are installing. Then I moved on to the living room and worked on removing the raised tile area that was next to the fireplace. We were in the middle of pulling drywall in the living room when my friends Michael arrived to help hang drywall. Soon after my brother –in-law Jason arrived and the three of us went full tilt to covering the kitchen walls.  Later in the evening, my neighbor Doug showed up and jumped in helping hang drywall.
We found we didn’t need that many guys so Jason moved into the living room…. That’s when I heard a conversation with my wife and Jason about the closet.  Next thing I knew the closet was coming out.  This was something we talked about months ago doing to help open up the living room but Teresa didn’t want us to get into the mess, time or cost of making it happen.  It was a bit surreal to see the stud walls coming down.  Our attic access is in that closet so we had to do some figuring out where we move that and how to close it up well.  As we discussed that I suggested that we go ahead and wire for a ceiling fan for the living. 
So my plan of pulling the drywall out and hanging new sheets back today was changed.  We pulled the stud walls of the closet down, adjusted the studs in the wall to accommodate the air return that we had to move, re wire the thermostat, add bracing over the access hole and drywall over and install the mount and wire up for the ceiling fan.
And we got the drywall in the kitchen down!
I hope tomorrow brings no surprises for us.
Although I think this will be a surprise that we will be happy with.








No comments:

Post a Comment