Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 9

I’ve learned two things in the past week of this little adventure.  First, I can grossly underestimate the amount of time it can take a task. Second, take your time and do the task right…and not get frustrated by rushing to get it done.  I’m sure I can apply those lessons to other aspects of life.
 It took me the best part of the day to lay the new underlayment in the kitchen and living room.  But it’s down and now we are prepped to start laying the TrafficMaster Allure flooring.   I have a feeling this flooring will take more than I have planned.

Today was my last day of vacation.  I was hoping to be further along than I am at this point. But we will get there soon.  Back to my day job tomorrow. I cant wait...I'll be able to rest at work from all the work I've done at home!

We did stop and take time this afternoon to thank God.  This moment made the hard work of the last week all worth it.  It was a very special time for us and an emotional moment for me.  We told the girls just as our house sat on its foundation how important it was to remember that Jesus is our foundation.  We are blessed with family, health, a home and the finances to be able to remodel our home this summer. We all picked verses that meant something to us, shared them and said why they were special.  Then we took sharpies and found a spot on the new floor underlayment and wrote those verses out.  We will always be reminded of that verse when we walk over that spot on the floor.  It’s also our little way of honoring God with our house.  I hope we have more opportunities to use the house in that way.





2 comments:

  1. A Crossing tradition brought home. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    When painting our church as a summer job, we wrote statements on the wall, then painted over them, only to see them reappear over and over.

    If I did this, it would be my experience that the writing would bleed through the lovely new floor.

    For example, when I rehabbed our little rental, I set the toilet temporarily on rosin paper to protect the new linoleum. The toilet leaked; the toilet kept it pressed in close contact to the floor. Guess what color is the stain?

    ReplyDelete